Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Harry


Dear Harry,

I thought for a long while what I should be writing. I struggled with words, trying to find the most eloquent ones. But here I am, with these ones, Happy Birthday Harry, I cannot tell you how much you mean to me. All my childhood and all my teenage years, I’ve grown up with you. It only seems so strange that you’re not around now. I just know this that wherever you are, you are living a happily ever after, so I’m glad for you from the bottom of my heart.
Dear friend, I wish to tell you, that you’ve left behind so many great memories that make me laugh and cry, both at the same time. I was going through your life today, captured in a reel, and I must say, so many breath-taking moments filled me with awe, your sorting into Gryffindor house, your combat with the Basilisk in the chamber of secrets, your first flight with Buckbeak, you asking Cho out for the yule ball, training Dumbledore’s army under Umbridge’s nose, you shedding tears when Dumbledore left us, you, Ron and Hermione entering the Ministry of Magic, breaking into Gringotts, BRILLIANT!!!, facing the truth of Severus, facing death in the Forbidden Forest, coming back from the dead and defeating Voldemort for the final time, marrying Ginny and waving Albus-Severus to Hogwarts. What a journey, my friend!  Memories, all are memories, woven together forever in threads of love, courage, friendship and every other feeling which is inexplicable. Memories, in my heart, my soul, my inmost being, timeless, your memories, my memories, no one can take them away from me. I’ve lived with you Harry and all I want to say is I miss you, I miss you so much.
I believe in you Harry Potter and you will always be in my heart till the stars shine, till the moon rise. I love you Harry and I will always love you. Thank you J.K. for telling us the legendary story about the boy who lived, like who could be no other. Harry is a smile that cheers me up even in the darkest of times. For this I am eternally grateful to you. And Happy Birthday to you J May you be blessed abundantly and may you always bring to the world stories the world is yet to read, and never forget.

Yours magically,
Preeti



No comments:

Post a Comment